Programming Assignment 3 Computer Science 102
Due APR 30 WED 11:59pm .
the final will be MON MAY 12 2:00 pm in rm 109 WWH
In Draft #4 we will decode using an instance of HashMap.
Here are the methods of your draft #3 to be altered:
- public static void printCode(Map hash) is passed an instance of
HashMap that is instantiated in the main method. Please do this in a
- private static void printCode(TreeNode tree, String s, Map
hash) is altered to accomodate hash an instance of
HashMap. It is a recursive routine as in draft #3 but now it also
places the Huffman code as the key and the letter associated with it in a hash
table using hash.put.
- Method public static String decode(Map hash) reads the compressed
file "huffcode.txt" and forms a key by concatenating the "bits", sending
them to the hash table until a non-null value is obtained. When this
happens a letter is retrieved from the table and the key is initialized
so that another letter can be retrieved.
Each procedure should contain preconditions and postconditions. The data for
this program is the same as for drafts #2 and #3.
Your main method should be altered so that it:
- Instantiates an instance of HashMap
- Calls printCode and decode.