Online Libraries: Readings on Reserve
The following are on reserve at the Courant Library, 12th floor, WWH.
- Scientific American, March 1977. "The Internet: Fulfilling the Promise."
- IEEE Expert, August 1995. "Intelligent Agents on the Internet: Fact,
Fiction, and Forecast." by Oren Etzioni and Daniel Weld. pp. 44-49
- IEEE Expert, August 1995. "AI on the WWW: Supply and Demand Agents"
by Carol Brown, Les Gasser, Daniel O'Leary, and Alan Sangster, pp. 50-55.
- IEEE Expert, April 1996. "Artificial Intelligence on the Internet and
Intranet>" p. 8.
- IEEE Expert, June 1996. "The Role of AI in Digital Libraries." p. 8
- IEEE Computer, May 1996. Special Issue on Digital Library Initiative.
- Managing Gigabytes, by Ian Witten, Alistair Moffat, and Timothy Bell,
Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1994.
- New Yorker, April 4, 1994, "Discards" by Nicholson Baker, pp. 64-86
- Comm. ACM, January 1996, "Natural Language Processing for
Information Retrieval" by David D. Lewis and Karen Sparck Jones, pp. 92-101
- Automatic Text Process by Gerard Salton, Addison Wesley, 1989,
- Intelligent Multimedia Information Retrieval Mark T. Maybury
ed., AAAI Press/MIT Press, 1997.
- AI Magazine, Summer 1997, Volume 18, no. 2. Special issue on
Intelligent Systems on the Internet.
- Making Hypermedia Work: A User's Guide to HyTime by
Steven DeRose and David Durand, Kluwer, 1994.
- Elements of Hypermedia Design: Techniques for Navication and
Visualization in Hyperspace by Peter Gloor, Birkhauser, 1997
Back to course page