9/9/2013 - Introduction to HTML (webpage written in class) - Note: Use VIEW / SOURCE in your browser to see the HTML.
9/9/2013 Sites to review for class on 9/16/2013:
- http://www.rossettiarchive.org/ [www.rossettiarchive.org] - The Rosetti Archive
- http://carlyleletters.dukejournals.org/ [carlyleletters.dukejournals.org] - The Carlyle Lettes Online
- http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/swinburne/ [webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu] - The Algernon Charles Swinburne Project
9/30/2013 - Notes for Class Discussion on image files
10/21/2013 and 10/28/2013 - Setting up your WordPress sites:
- URLs and instructions to accompany class handouts on Wordpress
- Introduction to WordPress - Class Lecture
- Sample site: Elizabeth Barrett Browning in Translation
- Class site: Herman Hesse's DER STEPPENWOLF
11/11/2013, 11/18/2013 and 11/25/2013 - TEI/XML
- Hamlet's Soliloquy (css)
- Chapter 21 from Huck Finn (css)
- In answer to a question that came up in class ... UTF-8 represents every character in the UNICODE character set. However, ISO-8859-1 repsents the Latin-1 character set. I have standardized our examples to use UTF-8. There is also a chapter on character encoding in the online text - Digital Literary Studies - Chapter 31. - XML Character Sets - Reference
- William Carlos Williams ... using CSS (css) and using XLST - (xsl)
- Sonnets studied in class (Note: Not all of our class discussion is represented in these TEI/XML editions)
- Introduction to TEI Boilerplate
- Discussion about preservation; building a static version of your site for publication.
- Sample static site: EBB ... from the original site which we used in class posted here.
- We will discuss the value of a "static site" and plans for posting your work to a permanent server.
- Here is one plug-in to consider. Note that since we only need to use it once ... that the preservation of the plug-in itself is not an issue!
- Blogging: We will discuss both blogging (using posts in WordPress) and accepting comments.
- Oxygen: Oxygen is an XML editor that has a TEI module - http://www.oxygenxml.com/.
- Oxygen offers a "WYSIWYG" interface for working in TEI: http://www.oxygenxml.com/xml_editor/tei_editor.html